Please read carefully:
- Name and contact details (phone number & email) of individual or collective are required on submission.
- The judges submission decision is final and not open to dialogue. Due to the large volume of proposals, we regret we are not able to give individual feedback for unsuccessful applications.
- K-FEST is curated through invited artistic participation and an Open Submission process. The final selection of artworks will be based on thematic connection, artistic quality, and feasibility.
- All accepted artists must be able to be present in person for the duration of the festival. (Fri, Sat, Sun and Mon). *Monday uninstall day. If you can not attend in person you will be withdrawn from entry and your place reallocated to another artist.
Selected artists will receive the following after registration:
- Hanging and/or floor space (approx 10-15 feet) to display their accepted artworks during the festival. Decisions on locating Artist’s will be at the Judge’s discretion.
• Payment of €150 per accepted artist submission for the weekend. Payment subject to attendance for the entire weekend.
• Promotion via K-FEST’s online platforms.
• Evening meals Saturday and Sunday evenings during K-FEST.
• Automatic entry into The Screaming Pope Prize, K-FEST’s own unique visual arts award and €1,000 cash prize for the winner, with work selected by a panel of acclaimed art critics and/or experienced artists. Four finalists are also selected, each receiving a cash prize. Visit kfest.ie for details.
• Access to K-FEST’s 50+ free events covering art, music, film, drama, spoken word, and more over the June Bank Holiday weekend with exception to a number of Artist run workshops.
Registration is required on arrival at the Festival on Friday when installing your work.
Note: If you have exhibited at K-FEST for three consecutive years, you will not be considered for a fourth consecutive year. K-FEST’s primary focus is on promoting new emerging talent nationwide, thus limiting each artist run to three consecutive years, but by all means, take a year out and please reapply next year and you will be back in the running.
Exceptions to this rule:
• If you previously won/finalist to the Screaming Pope Prize you can still be considered annually but not guaranteed acceptance.
• If you previously exhibited as a collective, you may now submit as a solo artist and vice versa.
The judges submission decision is final and not open to dialogue. Due to the large volume of proposals, we regret we are not able to give individual feedback for unsuccessful applications.
K-FEST is curated through invited artistic participation and an Open Submission process. The final selection of artworks will be based on thematic connection, artistic quality, and feasibility.
IF SELECTED, your name and an example of your art will be featured on our website before and during K-FEST to give visiting collectors, gallery owners, and buyers an opportunity to familiarise themselves with your art.
K-FEST organisers reserve the right to photograph works and to use elements of accepted entries for exhibition for publicity purposes, unless the artist expressly states the contrary in writing beforehand. Copyright of all work is the property of the artist. Work is accepted for exhibition on merit.
Each artist will be assigned to a pop-up gallery. The pop-up galleries and hanging spaces provided to each artist might vary slightly due to the nature of different venue sizes, quantity, and size of each artist’s artwork. Our experienced curators allocate the most appropriate space for each artist. K-FEST deliberately does not work in white cube spaces. We use vacant, disused properties such as an old sweet shop, hardware store, an old mill, an unfinished hotel and many more.
Occupancy of specific space inside your assigned pop-up art gallery is all pre-allocated by the festival Artistic Director.
All accepted artists must be present for the duration of the entire festival. In addition, either the artist or a representative should be present in your respective gallery space for the duration of the entire festival. Since buyers and collectors who come to our events prefer to meet the artist or at least talk to someone who knows about their work, we have found that artists who engage with our visitors are generally more likely to make multiple sales and/or receive commissioned work.
K-FEST provides evening meals for all artists on Saturday and Sunday of the festival. In addition, K-FEST works with local high-standard B&Bs and guesthouses to ensure that visiting artists are guaranteed the best value for their stay during the festival.
Additionally, artists exhibiting at K-FEST must agree to the following:
• Artists are responsible for sourcing their own projectors, TV, and audio-visual equipment and relevant insurance if needed.
• Each artist is responsible for the transport of their own work to and from the festival.
• Due to our insurance policy, all work must be removed from galleries by 3pm Monday of the Bank Holiday weekend.
• Each artist is responsible for the hanging of their own work. Assistance and equipment, including screws, nails, etc. can be supplied for a nominal fee but please specify this beforehand. If you have a drill/hammer, it would be handy to bring it along.
• A limited number of plinths are available for sculpture/ceramic artists. Please indicate in advance your needs and you will be assigned a select number. If you are able to bring your own plinths, please do so.
• ALL artists MUST register at the festival office upon arrival prior to artwork installation at the K-FEST Office in Killorglin on Friday 3rd JUNE from 10am before being shown your space. Once registered, you will receive the official K-FEST Artist Wristband (detailed entitlements listed upon acceptance to the festival).
• K-FEST does not charge commission on any works sold. We give artists 100% of sales on their artwork.
• All artists are responsible for the insurance of their own works, if necessary.
• K-FEST is not a funding body and is a not-for-profit organisation, which raises its income from fundraising and sponsorship, along with public sector grants.
• K-FEST does not use emails for spam. The only contact made will be in relation to the festival and the festival submissions.
For more information, contact email@example.com